Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gift Cards for new teachers 08/2011

In our community, our elementary schools are year round and have a track system (A, B, C, and D).  All the tracks except B started right after Independence Day, and B track just started this week.  Tonight was Parent info night for our track.  Lucky for me, hubby was in town to help us get adjuted to our new schedule, so he volunteered to attend the meetings.  This also gave him an opportunity to meet the teachers one on one since he travels so much, I'll be the one interacting with the teachers the most.  After attending Parent Info Night, hubby drove over to Staples and purchased GC's for each of the teachers (we have 2 attending grade school).  I decided to make a card to go with each.  I used one 8.5" x11" sheet of Kraft cardstock and cut it in half lengthwise to create two cards. I also used the "Grade School" Matstack from DCWV for the decorative paper, I also cut this sheet in half vertically.  I then scored each card at the 4" mark and folded. I rounded the outside corners of both card base and decorative paper to give the card a book like look.  Then, used a red Bic Stick pen to add faux stitching around the printed paper.  That's it, pretty basic, pretty simple. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment