Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Cards for a group home



So a friend here in my community wanted to do something nice for others with her children. They decided to donated cards & treats to a local elderly group home knowing a lot of them have been ignored or forgotten by their family members. This breaks my heart. She asked us friends if we'd like to help donate, she needed about 155 cards/treats, so I said yes. I used a card making kit I bought on clearance at Michaels about 3 or so years ago and never opened. Until today. I only used the die cut pieces from the one kit (only 2 pages worth of die cuts), my glue runner gun, pop dots, 1 sheet of 8.5x11" vellum paper, 3 sheets of card stock cut in half, a Stampin' Up roller stamp (flourish) and a lilac colored ink.  I popped out all the dies, inked the edges, started grouping them together and originally created 4 cards. Once I figured out what color I wanted to use for the card base, I rearranged the dies to better fit each card and ended up adding a 5th card. I just glued everything into place and voila!


Here is the card makers kit I used the due cuts from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment