Sunday, March 2, 2014

My 1st ATC card

Ingredients

Tim Holtz Distress inks in: Tea Dye, Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, and Old Paper; Hero Arts stamp in "Time to stamp"; Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection Stamper Anonymous in "Artful Things" for the angels and the phrase; Hero Arts "Old Letter Writing: wooden stamp; Craftworkcards Candi in Antique Newsprint; Vellum; file folder piece cut down to 2.5"x3.5" for the ATC base.

1) Using Scattered Straw and Antique Lined, ink the base with a blending tool, I use cosmetic wedges.  I also inked the backside. Use your edge distresser to create a tattered edge.Use Tea Dye to ink up the edges.
2) Using Tea Dye, ink and stamp with the clock stamp. Also ink and stamp the wooden stamp along the left side of the base, I didn't go all the way from top to bottom, I stopped about 80% of the way down.
3) Using Old Paper ink, stamp half the angel stamp onto the upper right of the base.
4) Ink up, using all the inks and the blending tool, the Candi piece. adhere using pop dots and/or glue dots. I used both to get the dimension and the grip/hold.
5) Stamp the "learn.." phrase onto a piece of vellum, cut just enough of the vellum to create an even border around the phrase. adhere using glue dots, folding the in half so as not to be to obvious through the vellum.

In all honesty, this took me about 45 minutes to do, because I was pulling things as I went and I didn't know what I was doing. LOL. I'm sure if I wanted to replicate it would take me about 10 minutes to do.

Here is the final product! I liked it So much, I am already working on a second one.

The phrase reads: "Learn to pause... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you."

Happy Crafting...

Lisa

2 comments: