Monday, November 5, 2012

Live Love Laugh

I saw these layered signs hanging on the rack in Hobby Lobby the last few times I've gone shopping. Each time, I've passed on buying them, this time I bit the bullet and bought them. I knew I wanted to do a black and white coloring on them and knew I had the perfect paper pad to use!

Using sheets from DCWV's "the Bella Armoire stack" I traced, cut, adhered (Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive), sanded and inked up each sign. I used StazOn black ink and Black Soot Distress Ink by Ranger to blacken the exterior and interior of all the letters as well as inking ip the edges of the paper for a cleaner finish. Afterwards, I took Tea Dye Distress Ink and inked up the edges for a more vintage effect. I don't know about you, but I truly love the way these came out! I even got thumbs up from the hubby and my older 2 kids. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment