- white cardstock, 11.5" x4.25", folded in half
- yellow cards stock 4.25" x 5.25"
- EK Success "Diamond Lace" punch
- Gelly Roll brand pens in "Stardust Clear" and "XPGB-M#554" a metallic orange
- colored pencils, baby oil, cotton swab (all for coloring blending butterflies)
- adhesive runner, liquid glue, pop dots
- Hero Arts large "Cling Dots" stamp, SU's "Groovy Guava" ink pad
- CTMH "Sentiments" stamp set, Stampology "Onyx" clear stamp ink pad
First, I border punched the yellow cardstock and then cut it to about 2" wide. The white card base front was shortened to 4.5". The yellow card front is at 4.25", just to allow a little white to peak through. I attached the border punch, making sure it lined up with the outside edge of the back of the base. Stamp the dots on using the Groovy Guava ink pad. Using the Onyx ink pad, stamp the "Believe to Achieve" stamp from CTMH in lower left area. Using quality white cardstock, stamp your butterflies from the same stamp set and color in with pencils or markers and blend with baby oil or other medium. Hand cut out your butterflies. Arrange as desired. My large purple/blue butterfly didn't stamp too well, but I still wanted to use it, so I applied it directly to the card, while the rest of the butterflies were attached using pop dots behind the bodies of the butterflies. I wanted some dimension, so I made sure to bend the wings up a bit to make them look like they are in flight. Then, I applied the Stardust Clear GellyRoll pen to the butterflies to give them a bit for flair. Use the metallic orange pen to add faux stitching to the border punch and white "peakaboo" edge.
Enjoy. Happy Crafting.