Monday, September 5, 2011

Through Thick & Thin


I found myself scanning my FB page and found a link to participate in the "Color Inspiration Challenge #8". I decided I would play along and give it a little try.  The colors are based off of the Bazzil cardstock collections: "Beetle Black, Lily White, Breaker Bay and Shamrock". I don't have Bazzil (that I know of, so I worked with the supplies I have and came up with this little card.

Card size is standard A2 in white. I used "My World" Cricut cartridge and cut the ship at 2.25" on my Expression out of black cardstock.  I then used the left over white cardstock and a wavy ruler/edger to cut out the waves, 2 white layers and did the same with blue cardstock I had on hand. I just made sure to let each level peak out above the previous.  I also used my "Plantin Schoolbook" cartridge and cut the grass layer at 1.25" on my Expression.  I used the ATG714 glue gun to apply the larger pieces onto the card and Zig 2-way glue "squeeze & roll" fine ball point pen to adhere the grass.  Using a "g studio" stamp and green chalk ink, I stamped "through thick & thin" to the upper left corner area.


After looking at the card, once I took the last picture, I realized something was missing.  If you've noticed from my last cards, I like BLING!  I love my STICKLES! So I added Green on the grass, Black Diamond onto the ship, StarDust onto the white waves, and True Blue onto the blue waves.  This may not be an extravagant card, but it follows the color theme.  I also like that it sends a message, no matter how rough our life may seem, we can make it through...Together!

Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Lisa you won a Pink By Design stamp set from me for my blogiversary hop at MY LIL BITS. Send me an email with your address and I'll get that stamp set out to you!! Congrats and thanks for being one of my followers :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete