Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mom's Getaway Card 08/18/11

So, the "Wild Card" I made just wasn't "it" for me, so I chose to make another card.  Once again I used Kraft cardstock for the base measuring 4.25" x 11" then folded in half.  The decorative paper is cut at 4" x 5". I used cream colored cardstock and cut a scalloped circle using the 3" punch from Stampin' Up.  I then cut the top circle at 2.5" from decorative paper and used a "studio g" clear stamp found at Michael's in the $1 bins.  Orange gel pen was used to faux stitch the scallop and card base borders.

Here is the interior of the above mentioned card.  I used a Martha Stewart writing pen in "sepia" to write the sentiment as well as tracing the mini dashes on the green decorative paper.  The green insert is made from Stampin' Up's Bigz Top Note Die and cut from my Epic 6 machine.  The green paper was cut at 5" x 12", then using the Scor-Pal, scored at 4", 6", and 8".  The paper was then folded like a "W" so that the inner section could be glued together to hold the enclosed GC.

I hope she enjoys the gift!

Oh, as a quick side note, I chose the color scheme based off of the GC, but also because we are all going to Hawaii in December! ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment