Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mom's Wild Card 08/17/11

My mom's 60th Birthday is next week and I've been wanting to make her a card.  Today, I finally decided to get her a Starbucks GC because she will never buy one herself, she doesn't buy herself treats very often.  (The last time I went out to visit her, I treated her to a Chai Tea Latte with Soy and she LOVED it!) 

For the card I used Kraft cardstock cut at 4.25 x 11".  I scored it at 3"and 7".  Then I cut 2" off of the 4" section between the 7" and 11" points.  I used the printed paper from DCWV's Safari Chic Matstack.  I wrote sentiment before adhering the top paper so I wouldn't waste any.  (I believe it was cut at 2.25" and I rounded the corners.) I cut more of the paper for the interior flap (holding the GC), but I cut it at about 2.5" and I used a border punch by EK Success (graduated triple dots) for the top of the printed paper.

This card is really simple, but I thought I would share it anyway. 

PS- Quick note, I decided the card front was too bland so I added "Cinnamon" Stickles in random dots to give it a little extra bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment