Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Jeff 08/11

First off, I need to state, I have a hard time picturing and creating a masculine card, this is definitely a weak spot of mine.  However, I rose to the challenge and created this really basic card for my friend Jeff. (Quick note. On HIS birthday, he was hosting a surprise baby shower/arrival for his wife and mother of his 4 boys. It was also her birthday just 2 days before, hence the "Jesyl's card here on my blog and the "New arrival" card too.)

White cardstock cut at 4.25" x11" and folded in half. I then trimmed off the bottom inch of the front and added the Happy Birthday stamp from studio g. Then, I added Kraft cardstock (4.25"x 4") to the front. On top of that, I added decorative paper from DCWV's "The Pets Stack" just a tiny bit smaller than the kraft paper.  Using Martha Stewart's writing pen in "Sepia" I added faux stitching tothe front. Using a blending pen and Stampin Ups Creamy Caramel ink pad, I colored in the sentiment.  Since I like to bling things up a bit, I added Copper Stickles to the darker brown/orange stripe on the decorative paper.

That's it! Nice & simple.

Happy crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the glitter paper! Thank you for stopping by my blog...I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete