Sunday, November 6, 2011

Give Thanks Basket

So, with today's gloomy, rainy SoCal weather, I thought I would use it as an excuse to craft.  At first, I was thinking I would make another banner.  I was so inspired by all the other banners from our "Christmas is for Kids Banner" hop. However, I decided to hold off.  Instead, I am creating a basket to show what I am grateful for.

Using "DoodleCharms" cartridge, refer to page 116, cut the basket in "blackout mode" and fit to page.  I did this with a sheet of acrylic from www.clearscraps.com.  Blade settings:P-max, S-med, B-6, use multi-cut, OH! and use the "deep cut blade" for this part.  Next, switch your blade back to regular, use craft card stock, take off the multi-cut function and the blackout mode.  Tap the shift & repeat last buttons, this will cut your basket trim, set blade to "3".  Adhere layers.

 Using the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 56, cut "leaf 4" at 2 3/4"- 3" using your card stock, also cut "leaf 2" from page 34 at 2 3/4"- 3".  Randomly, adhere the leaves to each other & to the basket.  Write things you are thankful for on each leaf.  I also cut the branch out from pg 43, using shift button @ 2 3/4".  Apply stickles/ glitter glue to where ever you deem worthy.  Allow to dry and then hang, mine went on the outside of my front door.  (Printed paper came from "Harvest & Holiday 180 sheet paper stack from Debbie Mumm for Jo-Ann's, purchased in 2010.)

Using "Cursive 101", write out "Give Thanks" at 1.5". Apply.  Stickle.


For added depth, I used Stampin" Up's "Chocolate Chip" ink pad to color the edges.  I also added the chocolate chip and some muted gold I had on hand onto all the leaves.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment